Foodie's Guide to Eating Well

Thoughts on food, cooking, and dining out

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Dirty Little Secrets

We all have our secrets. Mine? I'm lazy. Like, real, real lazy. I love good food and I love making good food, but what I love even more is making easy good food. If I see a delicious-looking recipe with less than 10 ingredients and a small handful of steps, I'm in.

So, when I stumbled across a recipe for Mexican-style stuffed poblano peppers that you make in the microwave, I was psyched. It lived up to being just about the easiest meal that I've made all year.

The result? While not straight-up amazing, they were very, very good. Next time I don't have a lot of time, but I'd like a tasty home-cooked dinner, these will be an obvious choice.



Let's get started... cut four poblano peppers in half. If you want a mellower taste, get as much of the seeds and ribs out of the peppers as possible. The seeds, in particular, are fairly potent.



Lay all of the peppers, cut side up, on a large plate. Cover with a sheet of wax paper and microwave for three minutes.



While the peppers microwave, mix together a package of microwave rice (or about two cups of cooked white rice), a can of refried beans, and a half cup of salsa or picante sauce.



Fill each of the pepper halves with the rice and beans mix. Cover with the wax paper again and microwave for two minutes.



Uncover the peppers, sprinkle them all liberally with a shredded Mexican cheese mix. Microwave for another one to three minutes, until the cheese melts.



Toss a little chopped cilantro on top and that's it... I swear. It is THAT easy.



Sit down, eat up, and be lazy.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home